Optimizing Your Workforce for a Better Future
Until now, managing the future skills inventory and demographics of a company’s workforce has been like trying to maneuver a 1,000 foot long oil tanker in a fog that limits visibility to only 200 feet. Unfortunately, an unforeseen skills gap in any part of an enterprise will force the organization to decline future business, while a skills glut will increase future costs. Both can cripple your organization’s productivity, so you need an easy way to optimize your company’s future skills inventory in order to meet the long-term needs of your enterprise. You also need a very high degree of accuracy and credibility in order to get actionable buy-in from management.
OptForce gives workforce planners the highest demonstrated
level of predictive accuracy in the industry for forecasting future workforce requirements versus future workforce performance. OptForce then optimizes your workforce management practices to close any gaps between performance and requirements. All of this is done with a toolkit designed by workforce planners for workforce planners. Linked to 21st-century agent-based simulation and modeling technologies, OptForce provides the most complete, adaptive and dynamic simulation, modeling and optimization technologies available.
Caption: Workforce planners tap into their own real world HR data to let OptForce build high-fidelity virtual agents which accurately represent the behavior of their workforce as well as represent the influence of HR policies and decisions on their workforce. OptForce then uses these virtual agents to enable workforce planners to explore, experiment, learn, analyze, test, and predict future actions in the virtual world. This allows planners to better understand the real-world impact of uncertainty on the workforce environment before they make decisions that commit investments and resources. Planners can then use optimization tools to change workforce performance to better match future workforce needs.
In addition to its powers of prediction, OptForce quickly shows you exactly where and how to change your workforce practices and policies, enabling you to align future workforce capabilities with future workforce needs. Before and after results are displayed graphically and in customizable reports, and the “long levers” that control future outcomes are identified so that you can prioritize changes to yield the most cost effective results. When you apply what you’ve learned to the daily management of your organization, OptForce then helps you monitor outcomes as your changes take hold and your workforce trends improve.
Caption: OptForce performs workforce supply and demand projections that establish the required workforce composition to enable the achievement of business goals and objectives. This capability provides the missing link to integrate business and workforce planning. The methodology permits analyzing unlimited relationships between business objectives and workforce requirements to foster a strong and continuing partnership with operations and finance leadership.
Through simple dashboard-like controls and on-screen displays, OptForce gives you the power to proactively model, manage and optimize the future skills inventory and demographics of your organization, including dynamic changes over time.
Questions You Can Easily Answer with OptForce:
- How to tie workforce plans to long-range business targets and forecasts, and what to do if the forecasts change;
- How to determine the resources a business unit will need based upon how much revenue it generates;
- How to achieve results at lower cost without sacrificing quality or service;
- How to identify key positions and competencies required in a variety of geographic locations both today and in the future;
- How to deal with an aging workforce, competition for limited talent, and other scarcity / surplus concerns;
- How to allocate compensation, benefits, and other HR program dollars to achieve the greatest desired effect.
In the presence of significant workforce challenges that characterize today’s business world – including aging workforces, high turnover rates, global shortages of key skills, and an aggressive recruiting environment – OptForce helps you achieve the vital goals of workforce risk mitigation, optimization and sustainability. OptForce allows you to provide your enterprise with reliable workforce data, metrics and analytics that help you optimize the lifecycle of a sustainable, affordable workforce and drive fact-based decisions by your business leaders.
The agent-based simulation engine in OptForce has been used by the most demanding prognosticators in the world in a broad range of disciplines. OptTek has defined a new level of modeling and simulation accuracy for the 21st century and has applied its proprietary agent-based technologies within OptForce. The OptForce Total Forecasting and Optimization Technology with agent-based modeling operates with your organization’s real-world HR and business data to build workforce models you can trust, with the highest demonstrated level of predictive accuracy in the industry. The combination of OptForce’s agent-based simulation and optimization not only helps you understand the uncertainty and risks of future forecasts but enables you to better manage those risks.
OptForce is being used by a core of thought leaders from within a select number of so-called “light house companies.” These organizations are building bridges between operations, finance, and HR by employing OptForce to integrate their respective planning responsibilities. For many years, leading organizations outside of HR, especially in the financial sector, have used sophisticated technologies to forecast expected business performance, enhancing the credibility of these core functions with senior management. Now, through the capabilities provided by OptForce, HR has access to a proven set of integrated planning tools that can account for the uncertainty and risks of strategic decisions. OptForce enables HR leaders to join their colleagues as equals at the executive leadership table.
In addition to commercial users, OptForce is being evaluated by U.S. government organizations responsible for managing the evolving skills inventory and demographics of over 1.1 million employees.
If you’d like to learn more about OptForce and to find out if you qualify for a personalized demonstration, please contact Dr. Jay April, Chief Development Officer, at 303-447-3255 X104 or April@OptTek.com. We’ll be happy to collaborate with you to see how your enterprise can benefit from the world’s first workforce optimization tool designed for HR professionals. If you’re looking for a workforce planning system that’s not only easy to use, but that also contains the most powerful agent-based intelligent simulation and optimization technologies available, then OptForce will put a new world of possibility at your fingertips.
OptForce™ – Optimizing Your Workforce for a Better Future
What Can You Do with OptForce? Lots:
- Easily and accurately predict future changes in your skills inventory and demographics based upon dozens or even hundreds of real-world drivers;
- Explore short-term and long-term “what-if” scenarios and see the resulting projected trends based upon changes in compensation, recruiting, benefits plans, career development, retirement programs, internal job migrations, regional geographic adaptations and targeted retention programs among many other possible drivers;
- Test the sensitivity of your “what-if” scenarios to various assumptions about economic outlook, the job market, and the competition;
- Test the accuracy of your “what-if” scenarios by applying them to historical data and seeing the advanced simulation engine within OptForce use the results to refine its models for ever greater accuracy;
- Graph real-world and “what-if” scenario projections to make comparisons easy to see and easy to share;
- Test the sensitivity, selectivity and effectiveness of different recruiting, retention and skills development campaigns;
- Optionally link model drivers to online employee survey results so that the sensitivity and selectivity of different drivers is tailored to different types of employees who are at different stages of their lives and have different needs based upon their current life circumstances (e.g., a married employee with children who is within 5-years of retirement versus a new hire that is single and attending grad school at night);
- Automatically publish periodic reports tailored to your specific needs and audiences;
- Support outbound data feeds to drive executive-level dashboards;
- Provide role-based levels of OptForce access according to needs, authorizations, and organizational domains;
- Model and manage separate business units or divisions or subsidiaries and roll the results up into an insightful view of the entire enterprise;
- Connect OptForce to existing back-end systems or operate OptForce as a standalone solution (all HR data accessed from within OptForce is double blinded and scrubbed to remove all personally identifiable information, including the optional exclusion of all data for highly compensated individuals).